22625 Sandy Lane, Porter TX 77365 | 281-577-5900 x5720
The Wind Ensemble
Varsity Concert Band
1/6th period double blocked
The Wind Ensemble is Porter High School's premiere performance and competition concert band that performs at high-level competitions and performances. For our highest competitive concert band, students in the Wind Ensemble will exhibit some or all of the following characteristics:
Wind Ensemble students:
The Symphonic Band
Non-Varsity Concert Band
2/7th period double blocked
The Symphonic Band is Porter High School's competitive Non-Varsity band that also competes in high-level competitions such as UIL Concert and Sightreading. Students in the Wind Ensemble will exhibit some or all of the following characteristics:
– intermediate skill showing some degree of good tone production, intonation, and technique.
– mostly 10th and 11th grade.
– has an average of 4 or more years of performance experience.
– has 1 or more years of marching experience.
– has the technical facility to successfully perform a U.I.L. Class II or I solo.
– has the sight-reading ability to perform Grade II to Grade III music.
– is able to demonstrate most of the idiomatic characteristics of their instrument.
The Concert Band
Sub-Non-Varsity Concert Band
4/9th flex period single block
The Concert Band is Porter High School's competitive Sub-Non-Varsity band that does all the same competitions as every other concert band in the program. The Concert Band class serves as a great option for students who are athletes, incoming freshman, or students who are learning a new instrument or still developing on their primary instrument. Concert Band students will exhibit some or all of the following characteristics: